Wednesday, October 13, 2010

One Word

Having just watched Eat Pray Love, I was intrigued by one of the scenes in the movie. In that scene, the characters were asked to pick ONE word to describe themselves. For Elizabeth Gilbert (the main character of the movie), she stumbles at first, but finally finds her word at the end of her travels.

In the book, the word is antevasin, which is Sanskrit for “one who lives at the border.” But in the movie, it is attraversiamo, which is Italian for "to cross over". This word is also mentioned in the book, but not as "the" word. I'm not really sure why they change it.... I think the first word is better.

Which makes me wonder..... what is THE word for me? Well, I don't know any Sanskrit nor Italian, so here are some possible thoughts in English or Bahasa Indonesia :
  • Fat
  • Friendly (well, not really. I can be mean when I'm annoyed)
  • Fun
  • Creative
  • Intelligent (starting to get a little too narcissistic... :P)
  • Worldly
  • Picky
  • Sarcastic
  • Konyol
  • Cuek
  • Explorer (emangnya gue Dora? Kayaknya lebih mirip Doraemon deh daripada Dora :P)
How the hell am I supposed to pick just ONE word? There's at least a quarter of million words (and growing) in the English language itself, and I don't think Bahasa Indonesia can ever be counted, with new (informal) words formed almost everyday  @_@

So, what do you think? (For those of you who know me) If you were to describe me, what would you say? And for everyone else, what's YOUR word?

No comments:

Post a Comment