Tuesday, July 6, 2010

APHRODITE

The petite pop princess from down under is back! The latest offering from Kylie is an album titled Aphrodite, referring to the Greek Goddess of love, beauty, and sexuality (which perfectly describes Kylie as a performer).

Some artists, like Christina Aguilera, or Madonna, always tries to venture into new territory by changing the genre of music they offer. Kylie, on the other hand,  decided to follow a tried and tested formula. The album is essentially Kylie..... all her songs are similar in nature, with heavy beats, catchy lyrics, and campy dance moves. Not much difference from all her previous albums. But that doesn't mean a bad thing. Sometimes all we need are happy songs that just makes us wanna dance :)

Even though she's now 42 years old, but she's still the same little girl at heart who just want to have some fun. On the song 'Aphrodite', she sings "I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty, dontcha mess with me, you don't want to fight me". Well the lyrics might say fierce, but with her voice, it just feels like a little girl singing in front of a mirror :P
Or, in Simon Cowell's words : "it's like a kitten trying to be a tigress"

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I'm still a big fan. She will definitely follow this album with a tour (as with her previous albums), and I'm hoping I can get a chance to watch one of her concerts. I have some of her concert DVDs and it looks really really fun. She doesn't necessarily have the greatest voice in the world, but to me, she's a true entertainer.


No comments:

Post a Comment