Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Open Letter to TANGS marketing team

Dear TANGS,

As a valued cardmember, first I would like to thank you for sending me the invitation flyer to your closed door preview sale. However, I would like to make a comment on the design of the flyer. I understand that as a competitive organization, you have decided to copy other companies follow the marketing trend nowadays by showing "real" people as your customer, and stop using super-skinny-i haven't eaten in 5 days-models to portray your organization's image.

Having said that, may I remind you that even in the "real world", there are many kinds of people : the ones that makes you go "ooh i want to be that guy/girl", the normal ones who make up the most of the population, and the ones that makes you go "ugh! i hope my son/daughter doesn't turn up like THAT". Please remember that the goal of marketing is to make people want to buy stuff from your store. Therefore, please consider this point next time you want to come up with another advertisement.

I don't want to get another shock when I open up the envelope. Although, it is a good way to wake you up in the morning  ;-P

Sincerely,
Stefanus Djalim

P.S : The author is a narcissistic fashionista who believes that nobody is ugly, but some people need to take a look in the mirror first before they decided to become a model.


No comments:

Post a Comment